Here’s what we’ve accomplished since the last status update:
- Tags are working. You can add tags to your screencast and click-around on tags.
- View counts - you can now see how many times a screencast has been viewed. That’s not page loads - that’s views, so each full play through counts.
- Sorting options under ’screencasts’. The default views is ‘Recently popular’ (which I will most likely change to ‘What’s hot’) which is based on views in the last 72 hours. You can also sort by recently added and all-time popular.
What we’re working on:
- The account side of things needs to be cleaned up: the screencast list is horrible and not using our new templating code. Each screencast is also going to get a ‘details’ page that will allow for some more detailed viewing history and better editing.
- Tags have a few things left, such as a tag cloud and searching on tags.
- Work on the new screencast recording software continues. Development continues at a good pace.
- Searching is still not active but could be with a small amount of work… out of all the features we’re working on, this one is requested least so far.
- Comments and ratings - we’ve had a few people ask for these now, so they are on the radar and development on the web side for these features has started.
As always, please keep the feedback coming in. We appreciate it!